My own take on the line up for the new FG Front Bench is that the plan as suggested at the time of George Lee’s departure that the area of Finance and the economy needs a long term view in addition to someone to respond to the day to day eruptions should be put into effect. Michael Noonan should be the person to face off with Lenihan on the day to day stuff with Richard Bruton handling the medium to longer term evolution of our policy proposals. It would be double teaming of the highest order, but will we take the chance it represents?
- Heber on What type of party should a new Fine Gael leader be asked to lead?
- The Crack Site on Some thoughts in the upcoming Ard Fheis
- Is the Irish voting system flawed? - Page 11 on Alternatives to lists and quotas to reduce clientelism and offer the electorate more diverse voting options
- dsullivan on Towards a Just Society – the actual document
- Tom Laverty on Towards a Just Society – the actual document